Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Venue for Sushi, Sashimi, and Saki

When it comes to sashimi, there is no place like The Venue!  It is a real pleasure to see the choices of fresh fish and delightful combos being created at the bar.  Since we eat there regularly, Phillip knows my preferences and makes up some of the coolest plates!

Ed loves the fried vegetables and sushi rolls like the Hurricane.  Besides my regular order ( salmom, salmon, and more salmon as the chef chides), I get to try different variations for sashimi dinners. This week, I tried his Sashimi Poki, and let me tell you, I will go back for that again!

It has all the ingredients for a full meal: tender mixed greens, edamame peas, diced cucumbers and tomatoes mixed with Philip's special dressing , and of course, salmon...all this pressed onto brown rice.  It is both beautiful and delicious.

For a special treat, try their Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies; it comes with a white chocolate fondue, marshmellows, and strawberries... definitely worth sharing!

http://www.thevenueclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=40

No comments:

Post a Comment