Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cafe Largo

A great local spot for foodies, Cafe Largo, is a hidden gem!  Not our first visit and not our last, Cafe Largo takes me back to France in both ambiance and service where time is not rushed and the meals with sauces are exquisite. Chef Dominique Christini really seems to enjoy his creations and presents them to your table with such pride...just order the soufle for dessert!

Our meal started with the pistachio crusted scallop appetizer - to die for.  They were done to perfection; melt in your mouth!  If they had these for dinner, I would order them, but then again, there were three large diver scallops to enjoy. Our wine, suggested by the chef's son, was Hulotte Pinot Noir.  It has a great berry fragrance and is easy to sip before the entree. The baby greens salad had a delicate vinaigrette and peppers and tomatoes brushed with olive oil; I'd like to get that recipe!  I really enjoy a good wine and bread and salad, and the time to talk, laugh, and anticipate dinner.  So, I found the timing impeccable.

The entree I chose was the Steel-head Salmon with muscles.  I know, not the usual combo, but I knew we could trust Chef Dominique!  It was as expected, delightful with a delicious sauce and tender muscles laid on top with root vegetables, baby string beans, and delicately styled potatoes.  Ed's entree was their special that night - fillet with a deep red wine sauce that I promise, did not over power the dish.  We share everything, and we both concur, the meal was outstanding from start to finish!

A final word on dessert.  Ask about any specials before ordering.  We had the Grand Marnier Souffle which had to be ordered before dinner and is for two.  It is heavenly, don't get me wrong, but I heard (at another table) they also had a mango tart!  I had that in Paris just two years ago, and this, yes my second dessert of the night, was just as delicious as the pastries in France.  With Cappuccino to top it all off, we could not have had a better night out!

Click here for Cafe Largo's Menu and reservations:   http://cafelargorestaurant.com/cafelargo/restaurant/

Please excuse the phone photos as they are not the usual clarity. Next visit, I will bring the camera and report back on another wonderful evening at Cafe Largo. The Chicken or Rabbit Fricasse on July 26th sounds fantastique.  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment